A creature lurks in the dark and someone is trying to tell you something about this abomination, but the message is incomplete.
Find the 3 pieces of this message scattered in the forest and return to your car alive so you can see the light of the day once more.
"Don't look back" is based on "Slender - The Eight Pages" by Mark J. Hadley, with a few minor gameplay tweaks to make it feel different. The premise is simple: collect 3 notes randomly placed in 13 possible locations. As you progress and pick up more notes, the creature will move faster and faster. You can use a night vision device to find the notes more easily, but that will also increase temporarily the creature's speed.
Playing on Nightmare is the real deal: no night vision, no clues pointing at where they are and, worst of all, the creature can sometimes appear in front of you. Play Nightmare Mode only whenever you feel ready, so you can see the true ending of this story.
Any question or suggestion will be welcomed in the comment section. ;)
GAME AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH/SPANISH.
COMPATIBLE WITH 360 CONTROLLER.
LowSpecGamer seal of approval!
Enrique "Baxayaun" Colinet. (@Baxayaun)
Don't Look Back Guide - All possible note locations
Created in Unity 5 in 100 hours using Playmaker.
In January 2017 I started learning Unity at Aula Arcade (Sevilla) and less than a month later I finished this, my first project. "Don't look back" has been a super fun project to work in and the best practice for basic raycasting, AI and visual scripting.
I intend to continue working on this project as I learn how to use more Unity plugins such as ProBuilder. So, expect new levels and updates! ;)
Changelog V1.5 (FINAL):
- Fixed text disappearing when picking up two notes too fast.
- Fixed flashlight animation not stopping when getting to the car.
- Fixed "Return to the car!" line displayed with wrong colors.
- Fixed first message not appearing when in Nightmare mode.
- Main menu now supports full navigation with 360 controller.
- Added sound in main menu.
- Increased size of creatures' face.
- Fixed text not appearing properly on ending when picking up last note.
- Added extra post-process effect on ending level.
- Hid a debug message when looking at the player's feet.
- Improved overall visual quality.
- Changed creature's face.
- Improved 360 controller navigation in menu.
- Added flashlight animation when running.
- Added images for all possible endings.
- Added cheat in main menu.
- Game's ending is now fully functional.
- Corrected some lines in the English localization.
- Added controller support (Only 360 Controller)
- Improved visual clues for navigation.
- Increased player and creature speed.
- New skybox and lighting.
- Fixed tipping system not working after the first game.
- Fixed NIGHTMARE mode. The creature now teleports properly.
- Fixed flashlight intensity when getting close to a wall.
- Fixed tips system: now in TENSION and PANIC mode, a first tip will be given from the very beginning.
- Picking up a note will tell you how many are left.